8.16.2005

Weekend Summary

Alex and I were excited about going to play frisbee golf--just the two of us, this time--and I was going to practice the new moves he schooled me in a few weeks ago. But instead, we ended up selling his beloved "blurple" VTX1800. It sucks making adult decisions.

Then my mom and my Aunt Paula came to visit us for a few days. We had an adventure going out for ice cream in a thunderstorm that poured water in Biblical proportions--that's how far my family will go for a frozen, sugary treat! Then the next evening, I just finished cooking when the power went out--for about two hours! So, we enjoyed a nice candlelight dinner and then talked on the couch about hooking the fridge up to the generator to save the ice cream.
Today, mom and Aunt Paula left for Denton at the same time I did. I went to work, while they met a friend at Beth Marie's--only the best ice cream north of Antarctica. (See, I told you my family had a thing about frozen treats.) I'm still waiting to go get my Beth Marie's treat of one scoop raspberry truffle, one scoop raspberry sorbet for my birthday. I think I might have time around June 2006.

Once I post this, I'll work on some more mural sketches. It's weird how much longer it seems to take to create one tiny sketch than it does to paint something huge on a wall. Now drawing with pencils makes my wrists hurt. Linda Fawcett should be proud that her teaching succeeded!

5 comments:

Kodiak said...

WOW! That's one sweet lookin' bike! I suspect I'll buy one just like it once I hit my mid-life crisis...

Starrlett said...

Yes, she was a beauty and a fun fun ride. We'll certainly be owning another someday.... someday when I become full-time librarian and best-sellign novelist. (Shouldn't be too long, then, right?) :-)

Kodiak said...

So, what the heck was the deal with that completely off-topic comment previously?!

I guess spam has now infected the blogs too. Sheesh!

Starrlett said...

Yeah, no kidding! I was pretty ticked when I saw that pages-long "comment." Hate when I get Spaminated. Ugh.

Starrlett said...

Not to post a zillion comments on my own blog... I just realized that I didn't mentioned that in the photo, the one on the left is my mom, and the mischevious one giving her bunny ears is my Aunt Paula. (That's sisterhood for ya!)