8.22.2005

Bright and Early

5am sucks. It sucks going to bed at 11pm, it sucks being really really awake trying to go to sleep because your body isn't used to going to bed that early. And it sucks that by 11am, you've been up so long that you're really just ready to leave work, take a nap, and ingest your caffeinated beverage of choice from the comfort of your home.

Especially when only about four freshmen showed any interest in the booth that you painstakingly set up at 8am this morning, for which you hauled yourself out of bed this early and applied makeup in a semi-professional fashion while trying to pry your eyelids open.

On a brighter note, the incredible wit that is Unshelved has hit a new high with a weekly color feature called Book Club--"the first rule of Book Club is: do not talk about Book Club"--that talks about a classic or otherwise beloved book. Sheer genius, now available in brilliant Technicolor!

I had a little time off waiting for my work partner to come help me lug my unwieldly booth equipment back from the Coliseum (no, not the one in Rome), so I read a little (for me, this translates as 75 pages) of The Nanny Diaries. It's either so funny it hurts, or so painful it's funny--I have painted murals for some of these people, and I am genuinely glad that I did not additionally provide childcare for them. The downside of getting extra time to read for pleasure--I'm now officially in the middle of four books, counting the audiobook but not counting the graphic novels. Arg. My brain can't keep up.

No comments: