8.31.2005

Looking Up

After I wrote the last post, I was blessed even further. I was leaving the library and was thinking to myself that it sure would be convenient if I got the call to interview this afternoon, instead of driving up to Denton another day this week--and spending another 2 hours and $15 in gas in the process.

I was about twenty yards from the library when my phone rang. I was wearing jeans and a Batgirl shirt, but my non-professional attire wasn't an issue, so the interviewer asked me to come by in half an hour. This gave me just enough time to drop off my timesheet at the CDL and chat with Tihleigh for moral support (thanks, T!) before checking my lipstick and heading back to the library.

The interview went really well, and if I get the position, it's even better than I had thought--this is one of the rare day positions that opened, instead of only evening and weekend hours. Also, one of the available weekend shifts is Fridays, 10am to 2pm! The only problem in sight is that I have to take three classes this semester to be eligible (I only need two to graduate on time)--so that might cut into my packed schedule even further. But on the plus side, this way I may be able to take the course on Book Preservation!

Also, I got the call last night that Carmax got the truck back early, so Alex and I picked it up at 9pm. It was such a huge surge of relief to see our trusty paid-off vehicle in our driveway again!

...Well, back to work and school! :-)

No comments: