8.09.2005

To And Fro

It's been a long day of errands, and now I can finally sit down to a refreshing cup of cold Blueberry Breeze Green Tea--thanks to Kali for introducing me to it!

Actually, I spent a relaxing time this afternoon visiting Kali's cat Riven. It's been awhile since I had some warm-and-fuzzy one-on-one time, and it felt good to have a furry friend curled in my lap and purring while I read a new book. I just spent $11 on two hardbacks at Half Price Books--is that one of the greatest stores ever, or what? I bought Summerland, which I had read about last year on Amazon, and Inkheart, which I had borrowed from the library, read almost half of last night, and decided I needed to own. The only thing is that since it's translated from German, I keep wondering if I'm missing some great descriptive language that can't be translated, or something. Yes, as in many other aspects of life, I am a paranoid freak.

I've been enjoying my new Toby Mac CD that I got for my birthday, and the song that I bought the CD for, Slam, is now featured on the Transporter 2 trailer; check it out! (It's in the last third of the trailer.)

...An added thought... It's now been over three months since I spent a month in line at Legacy for Star Wars. Pretty wild. But what's wilder yet is that even now, I am getting comments on it. A few weeks ago at the dentist, they told me they kept a newspaper article about me in my file. The same week, I had a meeting with someone I'd never met at UNT--for work, so I'm trying to act all professional--and the first thing out of her mouth when she sees me is, "Oh, you're that girl who lived at the theater!"

...sigh...

I never thought that the hard part would be after that month. It was fun then, when we had wallball and harassing teenagers and the Xbox; now I just feel like a big weird freak anytime someone in the non-geek portion of my life mentions it, particularly so late after the fact. Hasn't the statute of limitations run out on those comments by now?

No comments: