8.24.2005

Optical, Schmoptical


I just received two emails from my dad (see ridiculously low-res photo below),
who is famous for sending interesting and odd links, often of an optical nature (appropriate enough, since he works with optics). I thought I'd share these fun tidbits with you: Optical Illusion Site 1 and Site 2. (The Mona Lisa one seemed easy, but then again all that Art History coursework probably trained my eye pretty well.)

These reminded me a bit of some similar optical illusions at the ColorCube site. The color cube is a three-dimensional take on the color wheel, and this site offers the cube as an actual puzzle of plastic pieces that you construct to make your own nifty cube (see photo above). Dad bought me one my freshman year as an art major, and it's served as decoration for years in my dorm room, art studio, and now my home. If you're completely obssessed with color, as I am, then this is your toy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoo-hoo! i love new books!
i just got two more audio books for the drive to east texas tomorrow- yay!

we need to hang out soon- i miss yall! we should all watch "Kung Fu Hustle" together- w bought it last week.
oh and we should see Narnia together too when it comes out. opening night, i think? :)

Starrlett said...

opening night for sure!! i;m sure alex and i will be getting in line hours early. ;-) have fun in Nac--after I saw the Dicey's Song and Traveling Pants CDs at your apartment, I made a mental note to borrow them from McKinney Library later! :-)

Yes, I want to get together soon!! I'd *love* to watch Kung Fu Hustle! We bought it while it was on sale, just in case, but haven't opened it yet.