10.06.2005

"Weblomic" Announced

Last week, Alex and I watched Super Size Me--wow. Both thoroughly entertaining, and thoroughly terrifying. So, I was already leery of continuing our once-a-week Sonic Splurge, but now I'm completely disgusted. Alex and I had already been looking into organic food--now I feel completely squeemish about eating fast food. I mean, meat from 1,000 cows in one burger?! Ewwwwww!

On a completely different tangent, I've begun development on a webcomic of my own. Yes, my addiction to online comics and graphic novels has combined with my nostalgia for my high-school strip (titled, strangely, "The Adventures of Jayne the Mashed Banana"--don't ask) to produce something I've titled "Weblomic." The title, as you can probably tell, is a combination of (web)blog and webcomic, which tells you a lot about the anticipated format. I plan on some being straighforward comic strips, but a lot being essentially my blog in comic form. There's no way I'm committing to a regular publishing schedule right now, so you'll have to be satisfied with irregular strips, but you can deal, right?

And what do you think of the nice cool weather we're having? It's not cold enough for me to complain yet, and the grass is still green, so I think it's great. Although I'm going to really miss wearing my ThinkGeek shirts to work--I'll have to wear a zip-up sweater over them or something.

No comments: