10.20.2005

Book Lint

There's a radio commerical that makes fun of collecting boring things, like stamps, coins, and... lint? And now I feel silly, because I genuinely do collect lint! I have four categories of dryer lint: almost-white, red/purple (the best and most scarce kind), blueish-dark grey, and the usual medium grey shade of "blah." I was inspired by reading about a lint artist to begin my collection three years ago. Not that I've actually made any lint art yet, mind you. I don't really want to sculpt with it--I'd like to make lint paper, which we did in sixth grade. It produced very thick paper that was good for painting designs.

Yes, I am an offical loony. I know.

Speaking of things gathering lint--er, dust, I have en ever-growing stack of books to read. It's both a physical and metaphorical stack, as some of the books I own, and some I don't, but I don't have time for any of them until Christmas break (or maybe Thanksgiving if I am very, very good).

1) Knife of Dreams (it's tempting me every moment), Robert Jordan (WoT #11)
2) Inkheart (only 10 pages to go and no time for them--Aaack!), C. Funke
3) Inkspell, C. Funke
4) The Big Over Easy, Jasper Fforde
5) Eragon, C. Paolini
6) Eldest, C. Paolini
7) The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (out of print--Aarrg!), H. Bader
8) Book Lust, Nancy Pearl (librarian extraordinaire)
9) The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, M. Chabon
10) Alone of All Her Sex (one of those Art History nerd books), M. Warner
11) The Mists of Avalon (this summer I read a third of it--Dangit!), M. Z. Bradley

No comments: