10.26.2005

Paint Like an Egyptian


I dropped exhausted into bed this morning at 1:30, completely defeated from watching the long, at times thrilling, but ultimately disappointing World Series game. And I got up again at 6am to finish a document for work which should have been done at 8, and instead took me until 10. At which point I took an hour nap, then drove to my painting job, which certainly turned the day for the better.

I am painting these two Egyptian "statues" on the back wall of a media room. They are each about 7 feet tall, and this is just the underpainting coat from about 3 1/2 hours' work. I haven't added any metallic paint yet; I will probably do that Friday. I'm also painting Pharaoh heads and a hieroglyphic border around the room. I've got a lot of photos to take at this house when I finish--two bedrooms, the media room, and two bathrooms! I think Thanksgiving will be spent uploading photos to Snazzy Decor. Mmm, turkey and jpgs, my favorite.

No comments: