10.09.2005

Weary Weekend

Whew! So much for the weekend.

Alex has spent the weekend attending, purchasing, and bringing home items from an auction in south Dallas. He, his father, and his mama spent today loading three trailers on three trucks full of insulation and various other things that the family purchased--plus a huge, wonderful drafting table for me! It's soon-to-be covered in the plethora of sketches I already have for my webcomic--yippee!

In preperation for said arrival, I have been clearing out our Box Room and Guest/Art Room. Yesterday, I transformed the haphazard--and harzardous--mess of the Box Room into Organized Ebay Central, so that Alex can easily find, photograph, and ship all the items we've accumulated for sale. I did get to spend a little time on my art stein--just enough to base coat the thing, unfortunately.

Today, I bought some storage bins, did the much-dreaded grocery shopping (I hate spending so much time purchasing things that won't exist in a few weeks once we've consumed them), and turned the Guest Room inside-out (meaning that most of its insides are now in the hallway and my office). Alex is going to move the bunkbeds back to the original position they occupied several years ago, and then will move my (apparently mammoth) drafting table inside as well. Then I get to sort which boxes go where, and if I can find the time, throw a bunch of my old crud out in the process.

So much for taking the weekend to paint my stein. This is how my plans tend to go on weekends--there's always something that you haven't counted on. Alex and I didn't get to go to Serenity as planned, either, nor did we get to go clay-shooting. Sigh.

But in the act of all my Fall Cleaning, I did hear some interesting bits on the radio. I'm quite enjoying listening to the National/American League Division Playoffs--particularly since the Astros won (Go Astros!)--and NPR has had a variety of entertaining weekend tidbits. There was a funny bit called "Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian" on the Prairie Home Companion yesterday, and this evening on my way to work, I listened to a great short short by Audrey Niffenegger--author of one of my favorite books--called "The Night Bookmobile" on Selected Shorts.

And one day, I'll be able to sit down and get some photos edited and posted. No, really.

No comments: