9.22.2005

Um... What?

102 to 66 degrees, all in four days? Yikes.

On the job front, an odd turn of events. A work friend called Alex yesterday and let him know that forty people had finally received formal email notification of the lay-off. Alex didn't get a message, and after awhile of wondering, received a call from his manager saying they had received a bit of extra funding, and Alex was elected to stay on.

Financially, it's great news, as long as they don't ask him to take a pay cut. Job-satisfaction-wise, it's questionable. We had both felt strongly that the layoff was a mixed blessing, prodding Alex to find something new. Now we're kind thrown off-guard and don't know what to make of it. I think right now we're both too dazed by the news to process it correctly. (But anyway, yay for continuing paychecks!)

You know it's bad when the top story on Yahoo News is Texas Traffic. Double yikes. My prayers are for everyone trying to escape Rita, for their safety and sanity on the road, especially James, David, and Jonathan.

My Saturday lab session for Preservation is cancelled due to likely severe weather, so I think I'll take a day off from mural-ing and paint my stein project at home instead. If it's going to be cold and rainy, I'd rather be home!

No comments: