9.25.2005

Life, the Universe, and Everything

So, it's been a few days. No rain, but plenty of wind and interesting clouds whizzed by last night. I've managed to get a decent amount of schoolwork done today, and am feeling slightly--I can't overemphasize that word--less overwhelmed about the semester's workload.

Alex is out on his parent's property shooting with Joel tonight while I sit at the library pretending to hold all the answers to life's questions (not to be confused with the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything). Life's questions that I was asked tonight include, for your entertainment:

Is The Da Vinci Code currently checked out?
Where can I find a copy of the APA Style Manual?
Do you have Forbe's Greatest Business Stories of All Time?
Can I check out a non-circulating book to scan pictures?
Where is the three-hole punch?
What are academic journals, and how do I find them for Criminal Justice?
Where can I find a copy of Woody Allen's Getting Even?

Answers:

No (I found two copies ten minutes later... oops)
(after much searching) ...behind our desk
Yes
No, but we have a scanner
Behind our desk
Peer-reviewed subject-oriented magazines (and too complex to answer here)
Fourth Floor, to the left, call# PS3551.L44 G4 1972

Random comments included:

Starr? Gee, that's a unique name!
[unintelligible rant about purchasing calculators online]

And that's seriously been about all the questions, comments, and answers at the desk in the past four hours. Sunday, slowslow Sunday. (Hence part of the reason that I am almost done with my reading summary due this Friday in Digital Imaging.)

No comments: