9.18.2005

Hoffman Mishaps

It was a day of hilariously ridiculous mishaps.

First, I was happily painting along at a client's home, when I felt a strange draft up my backside. I looked over my shoulder to discover that my painting jeans had somehow gained a gaping three-inch split in the general region of my derriere. Luckily I had an extra painting shirt just long enough to cover the hole. Sigh...

Then in the evening, we played frisbee golf with Joel & Kali. It was Alex's turn for unfortunate events--first, his frisbee landed on the creek bank. Then it landed in the creek. Then Alex landed in the creek--three times--trying to get it out. Then his next shot took it down the road, over the curb, and into the other side of the park. Then it landed--you guessed it--back in the creek. This time, it was a lost cause, and we said a sad adieu to his Valkyrie.

So, at hole six, we decided to call it a night early. We'd had enough mishaps for one evening. It's times like these that we should both be glad of our ability to laugh at ourselves--although if Alex hadn't been laughing so hard, perhaps it would have been easier for him to get out of the creek!

No comments: