9.18.2005

Toyz in the Hood

This is what happens when you're a twenty-seven-year-old kid. I like to play around with Alex's action figures, kind of in the Twisted Toyfare Theater vein, and showcase them on his monitor. My favorite has been the stormtrooper holding a teeny-tiny Endor soldier. There used to be two stormtroopers, situated as if they were playing with Star Wars action figures. However, the snowtrooper (not pictured) took a dive off the monitor and is currently dangling by one foot.

I really love my library job; but when it comes right down to it, I'd love it if someone paid me to move action figures into goofy poses and write silly dialogue for them. Darn those lucky Toyfare interns!

Okay, this is heartwarming and great--the story of how two comic artists just got engaged this month, told in their own drawings. (Thanks to Scott McCloud's blog for the tip.) Awwww!

No comments: