9.03.2005

Back to School


Well, the semester is now officially underway. Tonight, I'm reading some material for my class in Digital Image Management. Pretty interesting stuff, about digital collections, copyright, etc. I like a class where my scanner and Photoshop are part of the required materials.

Last night, I read material for my Preservation course, also very cool. We have three lab sessions on campus in the Rare Books room, where we'll be repairing old books hands-on. Courses like this make me wonder why I ever took courses that required long lectures and memorizing dates.


My third class is Management of Academic Libraries, which deals with policies specific to university libraries. We've only have a brief reading so far, but I like my professor. Hey, now I'll actually be working in an academic library this year!


Today, I painted on the Snoopy mural again--that's about twenty hours I put into it in three days. I am tiiired. But I only have outlining now, so it's nearly done; see work-in progress below (as compared to the first version):



Right now Alex, Justin, Jared, and James are testing their wireless ignitor on our latest batch of fireworks. Mathematical Fact: Men + computers + explosives = giddiness * booming noises.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

No comments: