8.04.2006

Nothing Fancy

Okay, just for today I'm going to forgo my usual spiffy formatting and link insertion, because I'd rather blog basic than not blog at all, and I'm short on time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Auntie K. That caffeine just hit my system--I can tell because I talked my boss's ear off for half an hour, jamming in at least one hour's worth of information in the process. (As I told Auntie K, I can now confirm that it is physically possible to speak more than 100 words a minute.)

A sugary pop-culture delight: Wired magazine reviews movie tie-in cereals <http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,71503-0.html?tw=wn_index_3>.
"Superman Crunch:
It's good to see Superman and Cap'n Crunch -- the two most powerful beings in the universe -- collaborating. ...Even better, the cereal turns the milk blue. I have no idea how that works. The Superman symbols turn this kind of mottled, leprous purple, and the milk turns a lovely shade of blue, just like Aunt Beru used to make."

And even a Star Wars reference thrown in. Which reminds me, Alex and I giggled so hard last night we had to pause the DVR during a Foster's episode, "Bus the Two of Us," in which Bloo not only made a sly Star Wars reference, which is fairly regular on that genius show, but a reference of epic proportions, delivered in Bloo's signature maniac, loony screaming voice that would make me laugh even if he was saying... see, I can't even think of anything he'd say in that voice that wouldn't be completely and totally hilarious.

My favorite Bloo lines that come to mind:
(last night's sheer genius:) "It didn’t go in, it just impacted on the surface!"
"I'll just go back in time and get them again."
"Paddleball..."
"I most certainly am not a burrito!"
"Frankie says relax!"
and...
Wilt: "You're finally getting what you deserve."
Bloo: "A race car bed? I'm getting a race car bed?!"

I should probably just let Lore Sjöber write my blog. I've now read his articles on movie tie-in cereal, Star Wars DVD sets, and bad ComicCon costumes.

"Lucasfilm has announced that it will be re-releasing the original Star Wars movies on DVD this Christmas season in their original format, without later additions such as the part where Greedo shoots before Han, the scene where Han meets up with Jabba and repeats all the lines he said 10 minutes ago, and the bit where Luke talks about how he saw Willow and it was completely awesome."
http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,70841-0.html

I had a whole delectable list of goodies, but emailed them to my Alex instead of posting them here--so if you're curious, or have five hours to devote to wasting time online, you can check out: http://del.icio.us/mithdara/toAlex

No comments: