5.04.2006

Jumping Up And Down

Okay, I was going to blog about how the interview went yesterday, but that's old news--I GOT THE JOB! [In case this link has already been refreshed by the time you look at it, the job is Visiting Librarian I, Librarian for Digital Collections in the Government Documents Department of UNT's Willis Library.]

Ellen (my current supervisor) and I were jumping up and down and hugging in the Reference office, and everybody was happy and sweet and smiling. Me, I can't stop smiling or shaking. I think I might have impaired Alex's hearing when I called him--sorry, babe!

(I won't be able to stop using multiple exclamation points for awhile. Get used to it!!!)

My sweet sweet husband brought home Chopsticks for dinner last night, and we watched Lost--Michael!!!--and then Blow Dry, which was pretty funny and British and involved a lot of fun/interesting/completely bizarre hairdos.

So, the interview. Here's the experience, which is pretty typical of academic library interviews:

6-8 pm dinner with the department the night before

9 am tour of the department
9:30 meet with Search Committee (questions)
10:30 sweat while preparing for:
11:00 gave presentation on importance of permanent public access
11:30 finished, and had Q/A
11:45 off to lunch with Search Committee
1:30 met with PAC (Personnel Affairs Committee)
2:00 library tour (well, of the DigiLab, MMDL, LAN, and the server room--awesome!)
3:00 met with associate dean and dean's assistant
3:30 met again with Search Committee
4 pm --done!
5 pm--arrived home, took a NAP!

A big THANK YOU to all of you who supported me during my loooooong years in school, and my job search, through prayer, talks, hugs, food, shopping (I'm looking at YOU, Amy), commiseration, email, chat, thoughts, vibes, and interpretive dance. Dancers, you know who you are.

I'll be uploading lots of photos to Flickr later this afternoon, as well. Yeah, that's random. I don't particularly care. I'm just flat-out HAPPY.

Did I mention I get my own office?

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! I knew you were a shoe-in. I'll be lonely downstairs without you, but this is awesome news.

Starrlett said...

Thank you!!! But hey, at least I'll still be around.

Kodiak said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!