5.05.2006

Hades Freezes Over

Lucas is releasing the original trilogy on DVD, in all its theatrical glory.

I'm sorry, I don't think you heard me. Original trilogy on DVD!

I never, never thought I would see the day. When Alex reported this to me last night, I got goosebumps over my entire body.

Finally:
1) Han shoots first.
2) Hayden isn't at the end of ROTJ.
3) The sarlaac won't have a ridiculous venus flytrap head.
4) "Yub nub," the joy of my youth!
5) I don't have to watch CG Jabba.

And just to show that Lucasfilm finally gets that they can--gasp--make money off of us traditionalists, they're releasing their own, licensed, "Han shot first" shirts (see the indie version as modeled by Alex). It makes me mad, but I want one. Drat that Lucasfilm.

My favorite quote from the Yahoo News article? "According to Lucasfilm, 'attractively priced' works out to $29.95 per package." No joke.

In related news, the spiffiest game yet is now even better: Lego Star Wars OT!!!!

No comments: