11.24.2005

Thanksgiving Shennanigans

I am thankful that my stomach expanded enough to digest all that food.

...So my parents, Alex, and I are 45 minutes into the hour trip south to my sister-in-law's house, when I suddenly recall the two bowls of cranberry relish sitting hopefully in the fridge, that my mother and I cooked last night. Still...sitting...in....the fridge. You'd think that with only one dish to prepare and bring for this meal, that it would be relatively simple to keep track of. Ah, but then you would not realize that I come of forgetful stock, and that our main focus this morning was getting there to take family pictures.

But then again, with all the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, yams, salad, pies, and the infamous canned cranberry sauce, I doubt anyone would have had room--and there certainly wasn't any room on the table. I am full to bursting. Ah, the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: