11.06.2005

Anatomy of a Post

Here's how blogging works: I have something I'd really like to write about, and this witty way of saying it pops into my head. However, I can't write it immediately because I am driving/showering/working. I eagerly wait minutes/hours/days for the opportunity to write, and when it comes--nothing. Not even that I lack the witty words, but the subject has completely left me, leaving me with a weak post:

"So... today I performed Innane Tasks. Um... So I'll related a Weakly Told, Mildly Interesting Anecdote that reveals my complete Lack of Purpose to This Blog. Sigh."

Heck, I can't even credit this topic with originality--I just read Kodiak's post and completely agreed.

So here goes the Weakly Told, Mildly Interesting Anecdote:
Last night, we went out Genghis Grill for dinner with Jared and my in-laws, it being my father-in-law's birthday. I piled random things into my bowl, including steak, pineapple, cilantro, and zucchini, and mixed some orange and BBQ sauce in it. My lack of good choices notwithstanding, it tasted pretty good. Jared then suggested, since we had eaten at a Pick-Your-Own-Weird-Taste place, that we dessert at a similar place--Cold Stone Creamery. Where I chose to mix mint ice cream with kit-kats--not my highest moment, but not bad.

Then we came back home and Jared, Alex, and I watched the end of SG-1 Season 7 and the beginning of Season 8 (FINALLY!). We had watched Tenchi (the movie) earlier, and I tiredly went to bed at 1:30am--Alex told me he rolled in about 4. Now they're playing Gamecube while I post to my blo--er, post comments to my class in WebCT. And when I'm done I'll make pancakes.

End of Weakly Told, Mildly Interesting Anecdote (that went on too long). Sigh...

update: Mario Baseball may not be the greatest game by itself, but the "Toy Field" mode is genius, sheer genius!

2 comments:

Kodiak said...

Another generic blog entry compliment, Starr!


;)

Kodiak said...

p.s. that was a Family Guy reference. Hope you spotted it!