11.03.2006

Update: Comic Book Education

I can't find the exact post where it started (darned Blogger and their late-to-the-party-ness with tags), but it seems it's been at least a year and a half since I started my comic book education. I thought I'd give you a little update as to what I've got, what I've read, and what's on my list.*

own:
Digger, vol. 1
Understanding Comics
Reinventing Comics
Making Comics
Fables vol. 1
Stardust
Death: The High Cost of Living
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Batman: Year One
Batgirl: Year One
Star Wars: Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand
Star Wars: Union
Amazing Spiderman, vol. 2
Ultimate Spiderman, vol. 1

have read:
Maus
Persepolis
Ghost World
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, vol. 1
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, vol. 2
Watchmen
Sandman: Nocturnes and Preludes
The Dark Knight Returns
The Dark Knight Strikes Again
Fray
How to Read Superhero Comics & Why

to read:
Finder by Carla Lightspeed McNeil

on its way to me:
Book of Martyrs (yep, it's a graphic novel--how cool is that? How nerdy am I?)
Thieves & Kings, vol. 1

just borrowed (friends & library):
Lone Wolf & Cub, vols. 1-4 (thanks, Vale!)
Batman alt. story
Comics as culture
Comics & culture : analytical and theoretical approaches to comics
The making of a graphic novel

sooooo on my list to own:
Digger, vol. 2
Fables... all the rest of what's published!!!
Flight (all three volumes)

also on the list to own:
Daisy Kutter
Castle Waiting
Infinite Crisis
Trigun, vol.1
How to Read Superhero Comics & Why
Batman Adventures: The Lost Years
Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run
Serenity: Those Left Behind (no, I don't care that everyone says it sucks)
Marvel 1602

*I'm going to be a little unusual in this post and not link every single title. I figure, if you like comics, you already know what I'm talking about, and if you don't, you either won't care--or you'll just type the titles into Amazon like I would. And, y'know, if you can't find it and want to know--you know how to reach me.

3 comments:

Tihleigh said...

You need to add Finder by Carla Lightspeed McNeil to that list.

Starrlett said...

yes, yes. will add.

Starrlett said...

yes, yes, i did.
(also to my bookmooch wishlist.)