- The Book on Bond... but no gadgets in the books?!
- Murtha was interviewed about running for majority leader of the House--and Pelosi says she's all about reforming politics. Way to support a scandal-involved politician, that's all I have to say. Oh, and also: Murtha's one of the most frustrating people I've heard on NPR in the past year. (Okay, that's really all.) Update: Ha ha, Hoyer won!!!
- "Popcorn" (the song) with Latin flavor.
- Teaching kids the science of calories--with pyrotechnics!!
- The Fanboys trailer is finally, finally out! Um... and so far, the funniest scenes are the two involving Star Trek. What's up with that, huh?
- There's a second "Librarian" adventure/B-movie coming up in December. Yes, I'm a sucker for cheap Indiana Jones imitations--it's as good as I'm getting unless Lucas and Spielberg ever actually start Indy 4. (I'm not holding my breath, or I'd have turned blue about six years ago.)
- It didn't win, but American Born Chinese was the first graphic novel nominated for a National Book Award! Woohoo! Of course, one step forward, one step back... there have been several recent challenges to graphic novels in libraries.
- Added to wishlist: "Ology" books, The Stolen Child
While I was leaving the post office, I ran into my friend Beau, whom I worked with at UNT's Technical Writing Computer Lab seven
Smallville--it's okay and all, the angst is getting lesser... but huzzah for the Green Arrow! Not only does he have a pretty spiffy costume, but he's a fun character with great lines and--gasp--some character depth that is not all about teen angst. Ah, Lex, how you have fallen. (This dys-Lex-ia quiz sounds too funny, btw.)