3.20.2006

The Break-Down Continues...

Saturday, Alex and I finally jumped in, after 3 1/2 years of looking: we bought a new truck! Our previous F-150 has survived almost 104,000 miles, five years, a near-layoff, and hauling about 1,500 loads. Since the year after we purchased it, I've been bemoaning the fact that we got a single cab, and thus for five years have had no space for groceries, passengers, or luggage.



Now, I've got a slick '06 charcoal grey F-150 Super-Crew-cab beauty, complete with spiffy stepboards and the ability to rock out to MP3's all the way to Denton. Once, that is, I get my license plates in 4-5 weeks, when I can finally change my parking permit.

OH. MY. GOSH. I have a gorgeous new truck, and to get a permit for it, I have to get a temporary permit every two weeks for $5, and then when I get the new plates, I have to pay $5 to switch the permit from the old truck to the new one. As if I didn't already pay over a hundred bucks to park my current vehicle. So Alex got to take the beauty to work today. I made quite a disgruntled fuss this morning after calling the UNT Parking Office, but as usual, complaining never accomplishes anything except possibly adding new wrinkles to my forehead.

But the plus was that Saturday after the purchase and before our drive home in the deluge, we had a wonderful time with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. It was novel and kinda nice to get to talk to them alone, not even a peep of children in the next room. It was even more meaningful in light of John's medical emergency Friday morning, and if there are any prayers that you'd like to offer on his behalf, please do.

Sunday, of course was the deluge, and there's no need to revisit that.

No comments: