2.19.2007

That's One Way to Do It

You know how things tend to pile up in your inbox, your email, and your computer desktop that you're not even sure if they're relevant or not? You know one good way to clear all those out real fast?

Crash your hard drive.

Well, I'm not recommending this or anything, but it's what happened to me last week. After returning from three days out with the flu, my work computer stuck itself in a never-ending reboot loop, and the upshot of it is that while most of my information is still around, thanks to my individual network drive, my hard drive on my desk computer (which I used for back-ups and for most images, since they take up so much space) is gone.

Right now, I'm trying to just work on normal things and try my darnedest not to think about all the information I've lost. Sigh.

No comments: