6.01.2005

School's Out For Summer!

Oh wait, it's not.
But from 5pm today until 8 am Monday, School's Out!

Things I am excited about this summer:
1. swimming (I'm going to try to do this more than twice this year)
2. grilling
3. Batman: Animated Series, Season 3 (Greatest comic-book animated series, AND Batgirl's debut!)
4. Batman Begins (It has Batman, right? and Morgan Freeman? and Liam Neeson? I am so there. Of course, it lacks the retro-stylings of the Burton version, and I think we all know that the new Batmobile sucks, but still, it's BATMAN.)
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Okay: Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Roald Dahl. There's nothing I don't like in that list.)
6.
War of the Worlds (Spielberg. 'Nuff said.)
7.
The Big Over Easy (By the author of The Eyre Affair; comes out three days before my birthday; perfect timing!)

I am also pondering forsaking my well-established "geek tan" (translation: greenish pallor) for a--gasp--real tan. A decade of what began as fear of skin cancer and wrinkles ended up as a natural result of working, schooling, and living online, as well as much habitual movie-watching. And, love the sun though I do, everytime I *was* outside, I slathered myself in 45 spf sunscreen--even in winter.

So I'm thinking, after ten years of the Great White Ghost, perhaps this one summer I could take my new laptop outside and get a tan while I work. As in, little to no sunscreen. I keep looking at my legs and pondering how they might actually look attractive, instead of glaring. And this leads into...

Things I am afraid of this summer:
1. Skin Cancer
(Oh, and wrinkles; did I mention wrinkles? I know I look twelve, but I have this ridiculous fear that since I am approaching thirty, one day I will wake up and look thirty, and never have the sexy in-between appearance of the mid-twenties.)
2. The Fantastic Four (Yeah... a comic book movie for which the trailer worries me, rather than excites me. Hmmm.)
3. Having No Time, EVER (see previous post)

In any case, let summertime commence!

No comments: