6.25.2005

Hello, Strangers

Dude, it's been waaaaay to long since I posted.

But I have an excuse, really--I mean, let me just *tell* you all that went on last week--
The SPURS WON--(congrats, guys, from a San Antonio-bred gal)
I finished my undersea mural (photos soon)
Alex and I visited my parents for Father's Day (SA again)
We watched Serenity again (beautiful new print--it's shiny!)
We held and judged a Serenity Fan Art Contest
I transcribed two letters written by Santa Anna
I finally sawTrainspotting (dude, Ewan McGregor is great, even when a possessed plastic baby falls on him from the ceiling. Way to go, Obi-Wan!)
We saw Batman Begins again (like once was even close to enough!)

...And still, with all that and my usual ball of wax going on, I can't think of a single interesting, funny, or even trivial anecdote. I think that there's something about excessive activity (aka busy-ness) that sucks creativity out of the mind (or fingers, or whatever you use to express with) like... like... like any clever simile was just sucked out of my mind. Or fingers. Whichever you consider more important to the act of writing.

And there ya go, I just made a mildly funny anecdote about not having one. Which is suspiciously similar to the "Insert Catchy Title Here" title I used a few weeks back. I better watch it; it's pretty early in my blog game to be using up all my writer's-block tricks.

But it does remind me of something funny and relevant--Partially Clips is a great webcomic that uses clip art (he leaves it the same in all three panels) and adds some clever, slightly sick, and sometimes overly twisted dialogue to it. One of his, more recent creations is about--well, not writer's block, but formulaic comedy--oh, just
read the comic already.

2 comments:

Kodiak said...

Dude, that comic was stupendous!!!

Plus, their title is really clever. 8)

Starrlett said...

Yeah, doesn't it rock??? I spent a great two weeks about nine months ago going through his archive, when I first discovered PartiallyClips. That and Unshelved really make my day.