5.31.2005

Got Summer?

So, what's in store now that the line is done and Episode III and Serenity have been seen?

Well, it's back to my more prosaic life. I end Maymester tomorrow at 5pm--yippee!--to start Summer Semester on Monday--sigh. No, really, I'm actually always glad to take a course--and let me tell you, now I'm glad to have ten weeks to take it in, instead of three! I'm also starting a new job on Thursday, working at the Digital Projects Lab of the UNT Library, transcribing letters that date to the 1830's Republic of Texas days and creating metadata records about them. In addition, I will continue my position at UNT's Center for Distributed Learning, acting as research assistant and jack-of-all-trades.

Oh, and I have my own mural-painting business, have I mentioned that? Monday, I begin an undersea-themed nursery that will feature--I'm pretty proud of this--a six-foot-long blue whale. I spent about ten hours one day online getting reference photographs of coral, fish, and the like--I think I ended up with twenty pages of coral photos alone!

So, yeah. Between school, two jobs, and my business, it's not like I expect to have anything to do this summer... sounds kind of boring, yaknow?

Another thing I'm excited about right now is an art project for New Braunfels (where I grew up). The Art League is calling for artist submissions of concepts for four-foot tall beer steins that will be decorated and then placed on display next year during tourist season. My mom and dad, both members of the Art League, Alex, and myself are submitting separate concepts for steins. We won't hear about acceptance until sometime in August-November, but I can't help being excited about it. It's very similar to the Cows on Parade project that has been held in various cities, that I always wished I had been a part of.

So that's my update! (Yes, yes, photos still forthcoming for the patient. School and work manage to suck up a lot of my time right now, but I am strongly thinking about the photos!)

No comments: