6.30.2005

Something Fishy Going On...


So here are some of the in-progress mural photos. As my photography session was delayed, I won't have the full, real-deal updated on the Snazzy Decor website for a while longer, but these should give you a taste of the room...

The blue whale below is over six feet long!



The details:

theme: undersea scene
location: nursery in a Frisco residence
time to execute: two weeks
(about 40-60 hours all told)
surfaces painted: all four walls, sections of the ceiling, and the ceiling fan
mural details:
24 fish, plus a school of fish, 3 sea turtles, 4 dolphins, 3 blue whales, 2 seahorses, 5 jellyfish, 2 octopii, 1 crab, 1 starfish, three sections of coral, 1 section of kelp, several areas with seagrass, and 1 treasure chest.

(Sorry, no partridges in pear trees this time around...)

5 comments:

Kodiak said...

WOW!!

I am thoroughly impressed! You've done a fabulous job, and this nursery will be a smash hit!

The fish look absolutely stunning, and the whale will illicit dropped jaws. ;)

Starrlett said...

Heh, heh, thanks Kodiak!

In the final thing, there are two smaller whales above that one, plus a crab, coral, and fish below it. I can't wait to see it with the nursery furniture in it, too--I'm sure it will look totally different than when I was dragging three different ladders around on the tarps. :-)

Kodiak said...

After browsing your Snazzy Decor website, I am inspired to start painting again!

I have painted about 4 or 5 landscapes, and always loved to do it, but it's a pain to clean up, and it's not really a good idea when you live in a small apartment, such as myself!

PupSquadFoster said...

when I become rich I want you to do a mural for my Poker room. rock on.

Anonymous said...

love the mural, of course.
i had fun tonight; thanks for opening your home to us (and everyone else) again!
love
kali