7.10.2005

The Great Outdoors



Saturday, we spent the evening playing frisbee golf at a local park--OUTSIDE, I love to be outside!!!--with six of our friends. (See pal Kali's take on it...) I WON with the most points--oh wait, it's golf; that means that Alex actually won. :-) Anyway, it was great fun and I plan on doing it more often--if nothing else, it's an excuse to be outside, with friends, and no chance at ALL to be on a computer being productive with work or schoolwork. Ah, escape!

For evidence of how cool my rockin' new phone is, check out the pix I took while we golfed--er, frisbee-ed--um, what verb do you use in this case?

Hammy, Hammy Amy... huh, I wonder if she gets that from me?


Jaime's Triumph!


Afterward, we all went out to CiCi's for pizza--and really funny/dumb home videos. Then Alex and I bought a gallon of Bluebell cookies and cream and ate it while watching more episodes of Cowboy Bebop with the guys. Ah, good times.

My birthday is approaching, although right now I am more looking forward to the weekend following it because Alex and I will be in Abilene for a HSU BYA (Board of Young Associates) meeting. We get to see Hardin-Simmons friends and raid the bookstore for something on sale--yippee!

That reminds me, I just ordered Alex's HSU Alumni Ring--shhh, don't tell. :-) I'm very excited; now we'll have matching wedding rings and matching college rings--awwww. I've wanted to buy it for him for a long time, with my own money, so it was a special present, and finally I made enough from a mural job that I can. I really want him to have this special piece of memorabilia from our college years to remember what great times we have and what great friends we still have from that school--and as a side bonus, it will be really nice to have a ring in our family large enough to read the words printed on it!!! ;-)

The guys are now in process of cleaning up all the fireworks debris, and Jared and Justin are packing for home. Sigh. I had to drive Bryce to the airport Wednesday evening, and James left on Monday. It's always slightly depressing, after having had over a week of company, and then everyone leaves, leaving the house strangely quiet. Yet another reason to break out the board games and/or frisbees and invite people over for fun! :-)

...And that's it for another fun-filled installment of Starr's Life. Tune in next week for more daring-do, thrills and chills, and all-out whacky fun from the grad student who will never grow up!

No comments: