7.08.2005

Dream a Little Dream...

I'm at work, and let me tell you, it's pretty darn quiet in the library.

That may seem like a really obvious statement, but let me tell you why the third floor--and actually, much of the UNT campus--is deserted.

1) it's 3pm on a Friday
2) it's the week between the end of Summer I and that start of Summer II courses
3) it's the week of July 4th, aka National Vacation Week

Add all of that to my sinus-medication-induzed haze, and I'm getting pretty sleepy here. And since transcribing letters in a language that you are not particularly familiar with is a fairly abstract process, as you can't really read the letter content, I have very little focus. Sigh.

I am still struggling against the near-constant urge to paint and write (creatively), since I have zero free time for such creative pursuits at the moment. I'm also turning my thoughts more toward my employment situation for Fall 2005 and Spring 2006, to figure out what my internship/practicum requirement for Library Science will consist of.

...And I think about sleep alot. :-) I can remember those days before January 15th, when six hours a night was a small amount of sleep, not a lot. I keep wondering if pushing myself will really be worth it to graduate in May, and then I remember--I'll finally be done.

So in the meantime, whenever I get a chance to sleep, I'll dream of... sleep. :-)

No comments: